Am I on the right site?
Almost everyone these days prefer online shopping than going to the mall or a market to look for something they need or want. Sometimes without knowing if they are accessing to a legit online business or not.
Shopping online can be very convenient and quick for you, having a lot of duties to attend to at home or at work.
This can save you more time, money and effort. Gives you more time to attend to things that need you physically.
However, this option has its own risks and there are a number of factors you have to consider when you think of shopping this way.
You have to know whether you are doing the right thing or just wasting your time and all.
Below are some helpful guidelines for you to determine a legit company.
- Look for the connection type – secured by “https” when you enter the website name on your browser’s address bar. Note that “https” is more secure than “http”. It should have a padlock sign on the left side of the URL. simply click on the padlock sign to verify it’s legitimacy.
- Existing contacts – the website should have contact numbers. Try to call those numbers and confirm the their existence. Contact numbers serve as website’s transparency.
- Physical address – the store must have given their physical shop address to prove their existence. An address where you can free go anytime you want to visit.
- Check out for professionalism – once you inquire, observe how they respond to your inquiries. You will know if they are professional based on their responses. They must be polite, honest and answers your questions with confidence and direct to the point.
- No invasive advertisements – the site must be full of knowledgeable contents and no upselling of products. Watch out for some product endorsements. A good website always gives their best for the satisfaction of the viewer’s preferences rather than promoting their own products.
- Right language – check the website’s content closely. It should have the right language and appropriate grammar. Some sites contents contain mixed up words or words that make the audience to have second thoughts on believing the site. Misspelled words and grammatical errors are signs of fake websites.
- See ratings and check reviews – every website has a room for feedback and review. Always look for this when you are browsing for any online store. It is good if you can find good feedback from at least 6 months ago. Recent reviews might be just from the site itself. So it’s good if you can verify it well. After all, it’s good to know that you are shopping on a site where a lot of people already proves they had a good shopping experience on that site.
- Right product pricing – check if the product prices aren’t too low to believe. Prices that won’t make you wonder why. When you are on a site that offers low prices, think twice before you give in. That could be a great mistake.
- Accepts credit cards – credit cards are a better option when it comes to paying terms. The company cannot just easily deduct your purchase unless they go through a series of application to your bank. Your service provider has their own way to easily determine scams. This is better than paying with your debit card.
- Has a privacy statement – a statement assuring the safety of the client. Like personal details and account are safe with the company. They’d assure you how they protect your data and accounts.
After you had considered all these factors, you can think of having a good run down to your favorite shopping site.
Always check and verify all the web you are accessing to avoid mistakes which surely you will regret in the future.
There are times when you need some guidance about how to shop safely on the net and you think someone could help you. But you can not always rely on your safety to somebody else, it is always important to know how you can protect yourself from scams of the social world.